Thursday, March 18, 2010

Frequent Updates Forthcoming

I decided I have a lot on my mind at all times so I'm going to make more of an effort to update this blog with issues I see at work and issues I read about. Today I'm going to write about DVI and KVM's. Alot of people are moving to digital solutions these days and the technology seems to be lagging behind a bit.

A lot of servers are coming with DVI video cards and people are looking for solutions to switch between this or to put it over an IP network. I can tell you I work for a company selling KVM switches and we don't even get into any DVI KVM switches that are over 4 ports.

That being said, if you are planning from the ground up for a KVM or data center solution definitely keep this in mind, and if staying VGA is an option it may save you some headache in terms of finding hardware and keeping within your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment